Environmental Center Links
CU Student Environmental Groups
- CU Biodiesel — CU Biodiesel is a non-profit student organization dedicated to the development and implementation of Biodiesel fuel at the University of Colorado and the Boulder community. Office: UMC room 345, 303.492.5449.
- Environmental Law Society - ELS organizes service outreach activities, fundraising events, and outdoor adventures each semester, giving law students opportunities to immerse themselves in the larger natural resources law community that Colorado has to offer. Contact: 303.492.8073
- CU Wild
- Student Environmental Action Coalition - Work to create local and global progressive social change through action and education. Contact 303.735.SEAC, UMC 348.
CU Environmental Departments
- CUSG - CU Student Government
- CU Environmental Engineering - view the homepage for CU-Boulder's Environmental Engineering degree program.
- Communications for a Sustainable Future
- Center for Environmental Journalism
- Center for Combustion and Environmental Research - an interdisciplinary group established to study fundamental problems relating to the field of combustion and environmental protection.
- Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research (INSTAAR) - facilitates and accomplishes interdisciplinary studies in high-altitude and high-latitude regions of the world.
- Environmental Studies - a program, rather than a department, and utilizes courses from many departments, as well as offering ENVS courses.
- Environmental Residential Academic Program (E-RAP) - a program that provides a community for freshmen and sophomores interested in the environment and natural sciences, E-RAP is the official residential program for the Environmental Studies major.
- Facilities Management - Generates, distributes, and maintains power and energy use at CU.
CU Environmental Resources
- Environmental Resources - a great database/ research aid put together by the CU Library.
- CIRES - Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences. A national resource for multidisciplinary research and education in the environmental sciences.
- Natural Resources Law Center
Environmental Groups at Other Schools
- A New Course for Higher Education: Integrating Sustainability Across the Campus: A snapshot of the sustainability programs and activities at a range of public and private institutions across the U.S.
- AASHE is a professional, membership-based association of colleges and universities working to advance sustainability in higher education in the U.S. and Canada.
- Sustainable Development on Campuses - IISD's interactive tool kit for greening your campus.
- University of Wisconsin Campus Ecology Program
- "Brown is Green" Program - Brown University Center for Environmental Studies.
- University of Michigan Greening Page - Environmental Leadership at the University of Michigan.
- EcoFoot - Michigan State University Committee for a Sustainable Campus.
- The Harvard Green Schools Initiative - a vision to establish an integrated commitment to environmental sustainability throughout Harvard.
- Sustainable University of Michigan Initiative - A student led effort to make the University of Michigan a Sustainable Institution.
- The Institute of Transportation Studies at UCLA conducted a study of Unlimited Access programs at thirty-five universities during the 1997-1998 school year. The results of the study are reported on this webpage.
- Fort Lewis College Environmental Center - a resource for social and ecological awareness, dialogue, and activism in the college, community, and surrounding region.
- Kyoto NOW! is a grassroots global climate change campaign, promoting national action through the power of the university.
- SUNY Buffalo UB Green Program is a leader in campus energy efficiency and conservation work.
- Check out the Sustainability Programs at these schools:
Jobs/Internships in the Environment
- Student Conservation Association - provides students with conservation jobs and internships.
- Green Corps
Colorado Useful Links
- Eco-Cycle - The community-based recycling organization serving Boulder and Broomfield counties.
- Boulder Community Network Environment Center
- City of Boulder Office of Environmental Affairs - Find out about City of Boulder environmental programs in the areas of recycling and waste reduction, green building, integrated pest management, and more.
- Boulder Housing Coalition
- Thorne Ecological Institute - Thorne Natural Science School has connected over 30,000 kids to nature since 1957.
Naional Useful Links
- Student Pugwash USA - Student Pugwash USA - promotes socially responsible application of science and technology, guided by the principals that students first must understand the issues at stake, become trained in social activism, and contemplate their ethical and moral responsibility to themselves and society.
- Free The Planet - Student - led campaigns to hold polluters and politicians accountable and ensure protection of our planet.
- Campus Ecology - a project by the National Wildlife Federation.
- Center For Environmental Citizenship - networking your leaders to protect the environment.
- The Environmental Magazine - chock full of everything the budding environmentalist needs to know, from "rainforests to recycling" and from the "personal to the political."
- Rainforest Action Network
- Center for a New American Dream - A non-profit organization dedicated to helping Americans change the way they consume to improve quality of life, protect the environment, and promote social justice.
- Global Response - An environmental urgent action network, modeled after Amnesty International, which allows citizens to write letters to stop urgent environmental threats across the globe.
- - The publication, "Looking for Oregon's Future: What is Sustainability?" is now online at http://oregonfuture.oregonstate.edu. The Website, from the Oregon State University Extension Service, features 33 articles about sustainability, an interactive quiz to test your sustainability knowledge and links to other sustainability sites.
- Second Nature - Since 1993, Second Nature has been dedicated to accelerating a process of transformation in higher education.
- Campus sustainability links from the Canadian Sierra Youth Coalition.
- Information from the US EPA on campus sustainability.
- Brower Youth Awards - Each year the Earth Island Institute honors 6 outstanding young environmental activists. View past recipients and obtain nomination information.
- Global Volunteer Network - The Global Volunteer Network places volunteers in community projects in China, Ecuador, Ghana, Nepal, New Zealand, Romania, Russia, Thailand, and Uganda. Volunteers have the opportunity to participate in a variety of educational, environmental and community aid programs.
- SRoeCo Solar - learn more about solar panels and its benefits.
Links on these pages to non-university sites do not represent endorsement by the University of Colorado at Boulder or its affiliates.