Campus Environmental Council
The vice chancellors of the Boulder campus have created a campus environmental council, which began meeting in January of 2003. The Environmental Council (EC) is charged to observe environmental practices of the University. The EC is expected to carefully ascertain impacts and evaluate programs that could lead to new or revised environmental policies as well as operational strategies that have the potential to:
- Enhance University compliance with applicable environmental laws, regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- Reduce environmental impacts of Boulder campus.
- Promote the Boulder campus as a leader in campus sustainability.
- Coordinate environmental efforts.
- Promote environmental education for the campus community