In 2011 the City of Boulder agreed to fund a pilot program for outreach to the Greek community. In 2011-2012 CUSG agreed to match the city's funding to expand the program. The major initiatives of this program are:
- recruitment of Sustainability Chairs from each Greek house
- energy and water assessments for Greek houses
- weatherization for Greek houses
- installation of CFLs, sink aerators and new showerheads
- involvement in Greek activities, such as Greek Week
The Kappa Kappa Gamma house participated in an energy and water assessment in 2011.