Green On The Screen: Digital Media Contest
Sponsored by: The Ball Corporation
The 2012 “Green on the Screen: Digital Media Contest” is a campus-wide publicity contest at the University of Colorado, developed for students and by students. The CU Environmental Center, with support from the Ball Corporation, is coordinating this student competition to find, and then incorporate, the most effective forms of sustainability outreach in the digital media world.
Through the use of digital media, this contest will enable students to reach each other and make a difference with their degree, supporting Zero Waste on the CU campus.
- Prizes will be awarded in US Dollars for the top 5 entries:
- $1000 for 1st place
- $800 for 2nd place
- $600 for 3rd place
- $400 for 4th place
- $200 for 5th place
- Via check (taxes may apply)
How to Enter
- Review the Contest Rules and eligibility requirements before you begin so your work meets the criteria.
- Create a message that promotes the Campus Zero Waste Goal of 90% diversion rate by 2020 and focuses on the specific material of Aluminum.
- Create a commercial advertisement, using a form of digital media (forms listed below), that depicts your selected message and meets the following criteria:
- 30 or 60 seconds long
- high resolution: 400p to 780p
- MUST convey its message without sound, but sound can be used
- submitted in the following formats:
- Submitted in physical form on a CD/DVD
- Forms of digital media allowed:
- Stop Motion Animation
- Slide Show or Image sequence
- Fill out the submission form as soon as you know you will enter the contest. Please submit your entry form before you submit your final entry.
Entries will be judged by a panel and by the public, giving the panel a 70% vote and the public a 30% vote. The panel will consist of members from Ball Corporation, Faculty, Environmental Center staff, and Community Experts.
- Panel (70% vote):
- Quality (25%)
- Creativity and originality (25%)
- Content of message (25%)
- Ability to Inspire Behaviorial Change (25%)
- Public (30% vote)
- Public Poll via You Tube(40%)
- Public Instillation votes, location TBD (30%)
- Popular vote by the CU student Environmental Board and Staff (30%)
Click on the buttons below to download the contest rules and entry form. Use the contest rules to guide your entry, but only submit the entry form. Please submit you entry form as soon as possible, before you submit your actual entry.